While it will be hard to pry your kids from the exciting on-site Sands Resorts Waterpark, you’ll undoubtedly want to spend several hours each day soaking up the summer sun on Myrtle Beach through a wide variety of beach activities. North Shore Oceanfront Hotel, one of the newest resorts in Myrtle Beach, SC, is home to a world-class outdoor waterpark, exclusive beach access, and the Family FunZone.
Top 5 Beach Activities on Myrtle Beach
You’ll rarely have to walk more than a city block to experience the beauty of Myrtle Beach, and, luckily for you, we’ve compiled five of our favorite beach activities so that your summertime getaway to North Shore Oceanfront Hotel is simply flawless!
- Paint a sunrise – Most of our accommodations face east toward the vast teal blue Atlantic Ocean, so if you rise early enough, you’ll be rewarded with a glorious sunrise each morning. We recommend embarking on a short stroll to the beach with a compact art kit in hand. Throw down a towel, take a seat, and start painting! Myrtle Beach’s sunrises are an awe-inspiring combination of blonde, marigold, indigo, and lavender.
- Fly a kite – Klig’s Kites has two locations in Myrtle Beach, both of which are approximately 12 minutes from North Shore Oceanfront Hotel. If you’re planning on visiting Broadway at the Beach, stop in and buy a colorful kite for your next session! Flying kites is one of the most accessible beach activities, yet there’s something magical about watching a dazzling kite sway high above the Atlantic Ocean.
- Soccer – As soccer continues to grow as a sport here in the United States, more and more kids are kicking and heading soccer balls along Myrtle Beach. Our city is known for hosting a wide variety of baseball, dance, basketball, and soccer tournaments during the summer months, so feel free to join in the fun! Soccer is one of those free beach activities that’s so much fun when the temperature rests in the 80s, the sun is shining, and the refreshing waves are lapping onto the beach.
- Picnic – Enjoying a picnic with friends and family is one of the most relaxing simple delights known to humankind, and it’s also one of our favorite beach activities here at North Shore Oceanfront Hotel. The pristine white sand in front of our hotel is exceptionally dry, warm, and clean. While everyone’s taste buds differ, it’s hard to top turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, crisp vegetables, and iced tea on a warm summer afternoon!
- Read a book – Travelers are always searching for the next best beach reads which is why online publications such as The Oprah Magazine, CNN, Good Housekeeping, and Today release yearly lists of their favorite beach reads. Click any of these four links to discover what they consider to be the hottest beach reads, or take our advice, and pick up Jeff VanderMeer’s Southern Reach trilogy, Gone Girl, or Before the Fall.
Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Hotels
When you’re not trying one of these five beach activities, don’t forget to soak, splash, and float at the complimentary Sands Resorts Waterpark next door at Sand Dunes Resort. We’re also within minutes of the top things to do in Myrtle Beach, including Broadway at the Beach, Ripley’s Aquarium, Medieval Times, and WonderWorks. Please visit us online to browse through our golf packages, conference facilities, and vacation specials!