There’s never an offseason for romance along South Carolina’s dazzling, picturesque Grand Strand. Myrtle Beach remains a popular destination for honeymooners, North and South Carolinians, and couples from across the East Coast in desperate need of a beachy change of pace. Because the Grand Strand boasts approximately 60 miles of beach access, couples don’t have to find creative ways to save money. The beach is free, after all. That being said, you’ll want to allot some cash for a mid-day journey or two, such as an aquatic adventure, round of golf, or live performance. North Shore Oceanfront Hotel provides inexpensive lodging, an on-site (and free) water park, prime beach access, and heart-melting private balconies. We’re the perfect blend of convenience, affordability, and accessibility to complement the bevy of romantic things to do in Myrtle Beach.
The Top 15 Romantic Things to Do in Myrtle Beach, SC
Compiling a list of romantic things to do in Myrtle Beach isn’t overly burdensome. The challenging part, however, is whittling the list down to just 15 themes. At the end of the day, a romantic getaway to South Carolina’s prized Grand Strand is all about relaxation, sophistication, and art, both culinary and visual. The majority of these splendid, undeniably tantalizing activities are a short distance from our newly-updated North Shore inn. Simply click the links below to learn more about each potential activity. Helpful tip: Planning a trip together ensures collaboration, creativity, and happiness from both parties.
- Spend a day at the beach on a particularly warm, sunny summer afternoon.
- Share a bottle of vino with fine Italian takeout from Villa Romana Italian Restaurant in the comfort of your private, oceanfront balcony.
- Float down the lazy river, hand-in-hand, next door at the Sands Resorts Waterpark (free to guests).
- Play 18 holes at one of the nation’s finest golf courses.
- Sip on cocktails and sway to classic beachy tunes at Ocean Annie’s Beach Bar.
- Stroll through Brookgreen Gardens in nearby Murrells Inlet.
- Explore the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade, including a trip on the world-famous SkyWheel.
- Embark on a day-trip to historic Charleston.
- Soar above the azure Atlantic Ocean on a parasailing expedition.
- Learn to surf.
- Sample fine wine at a nearby vineyard.
- Shop high-end fashions at The Market Common.
- Board a scuba diving voyage.
- Watch a dazzling live performance at The Carolina Opry or Alabama Theatre.
- Visit a plantation along the Grand Strand’s Lowcountry.
Oceanfront Hotels in Myrtle Beach, SC
Just as important as the day’s many adventures is the oceanfront hotel itself. Here at North Shore Oceanfront Hotel, you’ll find a guest room that suits your style and budget perfectly. We’re known for our beachy decor, modern amenities, breathtaking Atlantic views, and priced-right accommodations. We also boast a new on-site restaurant, a complimentary water park, and a recently-upgraded FunZone. Don’t forget to browse through our various North Shore hotel deals and golf packages on our website! You can also give us a call today at 800-959-6418 to speak with a friendly reservationist about booking, as well as a plethora of other potential romantic things to do in Myrtle Beach.